Head of Procurement
Because patients should have the essential medicines they need when they need them. As a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, nonprofit generic drug company created by hospital systems and philanthropies, Civica’s mission is to reduce and prevent drug shortages while assuring quality generic medicines are accessible and affordable to everyone.
Because the United States experiences chronic shortages of essential generic medicines used daily in hospitals, we are building a state-of-the-art sterile injectable manufacturing facility to combat these shortages. This new facility is part of our broad strategy to stabilize the supply of generic medicines for emergency rooms, surgeries, COVID-19 patient care, and an array of other serious conditions.
WHO CIVICA SERVES
While serving 50 health systems and 1,350 hospitals (or 30% of all licensed U.S. hospital beds), Civica also supplies the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and “340B” hospitals caring for vulnerable patients in some of the country’s most underserved areas. And recently, Civica contributed more than 2-million vials of essential medications to the strategic national stockpile.
With 40 sterile injectable medications under contract to supply our member hospitals, Civica is growing and on track to have 100 drugs under contract by 2023.
As we continue to grow, we have many exciting opportunities for multiple types of roles and with opportunity to progress YOUR career as a Director of Procurement, Civica Rx.
Reporting to the Chief Manufacturing and Supply Chain Officer, you will be responsible for all sourcing / procurement of Civica’s active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), primary packaging components, manufacturing supplies, and all secondary packaging materials for Civica manufactured products. You will lead in the identification, evaluation, and selection of Civica suppliers, including developing and managing supplier relationships, for all products not sourced through Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) partners. You will have primary responsibility for successfully negotiating all supplier contract terms and procurement/pricing agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leads Civica’s procurement activities through benchmarking industry best practices, continuous improvement and cost/supply chain opportunities.
- Responsible for development of the API sourcing strategies and associated contract execution/management and supplier performance via a structured Supplier Management program..
- Deliver tactical and operational performance in accordance with API supply and P & L
- Establish, lead and facilitate Supplier Relationship Management meetings
- Actively set up and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for identified
- Ensure support in the resolution of API supplier related quality or service
- Coordinate with Quality and Operations to ensure compliance
- Develop and monitor contract management process ensuring executing contracts as defined by company guidelines and be the organizations senior point of escalation on all supplier issues.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Natural Sciences (preferably Chemistry, Engineering, or Pharmacy).
- 8-20 years procurement experience in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and GLP/GMP environment.
- In-depth understanding of regulatory trends, regulations and guidelines (i.e., FDA, EU) and ISO 9001:2015.
- Advanced ability to evaluate and apply compliance requirements/guidelines to applicable situations.
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 50% of the time.
Salary DOE. Excellent Benefits