Civica is a rapidly growing and entrepreneurial nonprofit generic drug company created in September 2018 to reduce and prevent drug shortages and the price spikes that can accompany them. Its mission, as driven by its governing board of hospital systems and philanthropies, is to make quality generic medicines accessible and affordable to everyone.
Civica is improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
Today, more than 50 health systems have joined Civica. They represent over 1,200 hospitals and over 30 percent of all U.S. hospital beds. Civica has also begun to supply the Veteran’s Administration, the Department of Defense, and the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile essential medicines.
In less than two years, Civica has secured 40 different medications and provided over 2 million vials of sterile injectable essential medicines to the Strategic National Stockpile.
Civica is building a 100 million dollar state-of-the-art manufacturing plant. Join us to help serve patients!
To find out more about how Civica’s innovative model is directly impacting patient care, click here to read a recent article from the New England Journal of Medicine.
The primary responsibility of the Process Engineer is to support Compounding and Equipment Prep operations including all design, fabrication, installation, and qualification activities interacting with Vendors, Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, and Supply Chain.
- Management of Equipment Vendors through design, fabrication and execution of FAT & SAT, on-site start-up, maintenance, management of continuous improvement projects & spare parts criticality assessments.
- Support execution of the Commissioning & Qualification activities for Compounding and Process Support Equipment e.g. Single Use Mixers, Parts Washers, Autoclaves, Terminal Sterilizer, Component Processors, etc., including FAT, SAT, IOQ, through commercialization.
- Coordinate technical deliverables to support successful process and product launches.
- Able to respond to off-hour support calls to attend to troubleshooting and/or process decisions. Able to work within a Team Environment to drive result driven solutions.
- Performs process monitoring and data tracking and trending of key attributes to ensure process remains in-control.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, drive continuous improvement, and process optimization using tools such as DMAIC and FMEA.
- Manage change in the Compounding & Support areas as per site change control procedures.
- Support establishment of electronic batch record system for the Compounding & Support processes
- Lead/participate in Standard Work, RCA, CI programs and daily / weekly tiered manufacturing meetings.
- Participate in regulatory inspections e.g. FDA, DEA inspections
- Support transition from project to sustaining manufacturing and ramp up of production volumes in future by improving equipment reliability through CI and TPM processes
Key Performance Indicators
- Exposure to parenteral processing equipment and operations including formulation, filling, visual inspection, and packaging equipment.
- Exposure or Front-line support to Compounding and Equipment Prep.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to work effectively with outside suppliers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science Degree in Engineering or Technology related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years working in a cGMP environment.
- Preferred candidate will have experience with equipment prep and compounding experience.
- Ability to manage teams to execute on the floor activities such as FAT, SAT, IQ/OQ and Engineering batches
- Experience in data driven approach to root cause analysis and prioritization of continuous improvement initiatives e.g., Six Sigma
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities as project demands change.
- CQV experience and experience with facility start up advantageous.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to external customers / agencies.
- Demonstrated excellence in planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skills in communication (oral and written) & with technical writing.
Salary DOE, excellent benefits.