Civica is a rapidly growing and entrepreneurial nonprofit generic drug company created in September 2018 to reduce and prevent drug shortages and the price spikes that can accompany them. Its mission, as driven by its governing board of hospital systems and philanthropies, is to make quality generic medicines accessible and affordable to everyone.
Civica is improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
Today, more than 50 health systems have joined Civica. They represent over 1,200 hospitals and over 30 percent of all U.S. hospital beds. Civica has also begun to supply the Veteran’s Administration, the Department of Defense, and the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile essential medicines.
In less than two years, Civica has secured 40 different medications and provided over 2 million vials of sterile injectable essential medicines to the Strategic National Stockpile.
Civica is building a 100 million dollar state-of-the-art manufacturing plant. Join us to help serve patients!
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for processing company supplier payments in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Processing of travel expense reporting within the ERP system and Bank.
- Prepares various journal entries and monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Assist in preparing the accounting close and other key reports.
- Provides support and assistance to company personnel.
- Help optimize Civica’s business needs through developing standard processes and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Facilitate purchase order process & internal routing/approvals.
- Process vendor invoices, including account & department coding.
- File management of key documents.
- Prepare and process various payment runs.
- Assist with Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with month-end closing, including A/P aging reports & GL reconciliations.
- Assist with expense report processing.
- Maintain 1099 files.
- Coordinate disposition of pricing and quantity discrepancies with Purchasing and Receiving.
- Handle vendor inquiries & maintain vendor accounts.
- Assist in updating policy and procedures and standard work instructions.
- Work to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy.
- Assist in maintaining records retention documentation.
- Maintain posting controls for the AP module.
- Maintain Fixed Assets registers and reports.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Coordinates with department heads/supervisors; purchasing/receiving, outside suppliers; various departments and personnel.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree is preferred
- Four to Six years progressive experience in all phases of Accounts Payable in a manufacturing environment. Exposure to other accounting areas is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Experience with ERP software is required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Salary DOE, excellent benefits