Data Engineer/Data Architect
Because patients should have the essential medicines they need when they need them. As a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, nonprofit generic drug company created by hospital systems and philanthropies, Civica’s mission is to reduce and prevent drug shortages while assuring quality generic medicines are accessible and affordable to everyone.
Because the United States experiences chronic shortages of essential generic medicines used daily in hospitals, we are building a state-of-the-art sterile injectable manufacturing facility to combat these shortages. This new facility is part of our broad strategy to stabilize the supply of generic medicines for emergency rooms, surgeries, COVID-19 patient care, and an array of other serious conditions.
WHO CIVICA SERVES
While serving 50 health systems and 1,350 hospitals (or 30% of all licensed U.S. hospital beds), Civica also supplies the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and “340B” hospitals caring for vulnerable patients in some of the country’s most underserved areas. And recently, Civica contributed more than 2-million vials of essential medications to the strategic national stockpile.
With 40 sterile injectable medications under contract to supply our member hospitals, Civica is growing and on track to have 100 drugs under contract by 2023.
As we continue to grow, we have many exciting opportunities for multiple types of roles and with opportunity to progress YOUR career.
To find out more about how Civica’s innovative model is directly impacting patient care, click here to read a recent article from the New England Journal of Medicine.
Manage the company enterprise data warehouse (EDW). Ensure data is sourced appropriately and data is cleaned, validated, reconciled and “ready to use” for analytics. Lead data governance efforts. Company located in Lehi, UT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build data systems and pipelines: Scope, define and document data warehousing/extract, transform, load (ETL) requirements through implementation and testing. Identify opportunities for data acquisition, such as writing application program interfaces (API) to obtain delivery status/costs for all FedEx shipments. Provide production support to ensure stability and efficiency.
- EDW Management: Manage enterprise data warehouse (EDW) architecture and improve performance. Implement database technology solutions that are robust and scalable based on the business requirement.
- EDW performance analysis: Establish measures to chart progress related to completeness and quality of data and meta-data for enterprise information, to support reduction of data redundancy and fragmentation, elimination of unnecessary movement of data, and improvement of data quality. Stand up design review board for Analytics and Data platforms using industry best practices.
- Reconcile/QA Data: Develop automated systems to monitor data integrity/quality and data lineage. Able to validate and reconcile big data sets.
- Database Admin: Develop, implement, and monitor database backup and recovery procedures. Design and document process to manage users and permissions.
- Data Governance: Establish standards, processes and tools for data strategy, data life cycle, data ownership, data definition and data classification to be used across the organization. Define the process to resolve cross-organizational data management issues. Ensure departmental/software development standards are being followed by the team.
- Data Solutions: Lead research, design, and implementation of maintainable, scalable, reusable and performant software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and that are aligned with strategic direction.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to the continuous improvement of the overall data infrastructure. Identify ways data can be more accurate, trustworthy, and timely. Provide thought leadership around best practices and emerging concepts in Data & Analytics domain. Find opportunities for automating operational database activities to enable the organization to scale and reduce costs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 2+ years’ relevant experience.
- Excellent programming skills in writing Complex Stored Procedures, Queries, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Common Table Expressions using SQL.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Extreme attention to detail and data accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, business, or related field.
- Experience with Snowflake, Talend, VBA, Python, JSON and/or Bash a plus.
Position is located in Lehi, UT
Salary DOE, excellent benefits