Senior Account Manager
Because patients should have the essential medicines they need when they need them. As a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, nonprofit generic drug company created by hospital systems and philanthropies, Civica’s mission is to reduce and prevent drug shortages while assuring quality generic medicines are accessible and affordable to everyone.
Because the United States experiences chronic shortages of essential generic medicines used daily in hospitals, we are building a state-of-the-art sterile injectable manufacturing facility to combat these shortages. This new facility is part of our broad strategy to stabilize the supply of generic medicines for emergency rooms, surgeries, COVID-19 patient care, and an array of other serious conditions.
WHO CIVICA SERVES
While serving 50 health systems and 1,350 hospitals (or 30% of all licensed U.S. hospital beds), Civica also supplies the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and “340B” hospitals caring for vulnerable patients in some of the country’s most underserved areas. And recently, Civica contributed more than 2-million vials of essential medications to the strategic national stockpile.
With 40 sterile injectable medications under contract to supply our member hospitals, Civica is growing and on track to have 100 drugs under contract by 2023.
As we continue to grow, we have many exciting opportunities for multiple types of roles and with opportunity to progress YOUR career.
To find out more about how Civica’s innovative model is directly impacting patient care, click here to read a recent article from the New England Journal Of Medicine.
The Sr Account Manager will support all components of Member Relations with Civica Health System and Health Care partners. This position will partner with the Vice President of Commercial Operations to develop, expand and coordinate new and existing membership accounts. The Sr. Account Manager will develop positive working relationships with member accounts by taking a pro-active approach to all aspects of account management, ensuring member needs are identified and are in line with Civica’s high-quality service standards. This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational, data analytic, and customer service skills. As this position directly interfaces with our health system executives, health care experience is also required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops positive relationships with key stakeholders, including government agencies
- Executes on Health System strategy to improve engagement
- Identifies and leads improvement projects to facilitate the strategic goals of the organization
- Onboards new health system partners overseeing all activities necessary for product order, delivery and receipt, invoicing and payment
- Impacts the organizations achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives
- Analyzes data to research and resolve member concerns and drive additional value for the entire membership
- Enthusiastically volunteers for more difficult, highly ambiguous, or lengthy tasks, serving as a role model for others to work hard
- Seizes opportunities through fast, decisive action
- Focuses energy on achieving bottom-line results by establishing challenging goals on individual and team projects
- Utilizes key performance metrics to influence the design, implementation or refinement of team or project activities
- Encourages the team to achieve results in the face of uncertainty of success or challenging set-backs; fosters employee motivation and commitment
- Analyzes and tracks health system trends and affiliation activities
- Ensures commitment to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Completes complex projects that support the Commercial Team on time and with a high level of quality
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; combination of education/experience will be considered
- 5+ years of account management in a healthcare setting is required (10+ years of hospital experience preferred)
- Ability to work in an exceptionally fast-paced start-up environment
- Leads highly engaged/high-functioning team projects that consistently deliver and/or exceed health system partner needs
- Ability to lead initiatives independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Project management skills with attention to details
- Strong data analytics skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Position is located in Lehi, UT, Easy Traxx access, on site Gym.
Salary DOE, excellent benefits