Head of Supply Chain-Remote Position
Because patients should have the essential medicines they need when they need them. As a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, nonprofit generic drug company created by hospital systems and philanthropies, Civica’s mission is to reduce and prevent drug shortages while assuring quality generic medicines are accessible and affordable to everyone.
Because the United States experiences chronic shortages of essential generic medicines used daily in hospitals, we are building a state-of-the-art sterile injectable manufacturing facility to combat these shortages. This new facility is part of our broad strategy to stabilize the supply of generic medicines for emergency rooms, surgeries, COVID-19 patient care, and an array of other serious conditions.
WHO CIVICA SERVES
While serving 50 health systems and 1,350 hospitals (or 30% of all licensed U.S. hospital beds), Civica also supplies the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and “340B” hospitals caring for vulnerable patients in some of the country’s most underserved areas. And recently, Civica contributed more than 2-million vials of essential medications to the strategic national stockpile.
With 40 sterile injectable medications under contract to supply our member hospitals, Civica is growing and on track to have 100 drugs under contract by 2023.
As we continue to grow, we have many exciting opportunities for multiple types of roles and with opportunity to progress YOUR career.
To find out more about how Civica’s innovative model is directly impacting patient care, click here to read a recent article from the New England Journal of Medicine.
Intro to Civica
Responsible for distribution, logistics and medication supply from private label manufacturers. Will serve as the senior point of contact for the 3PL (third party logistics) warehouse and distribution and the senior point of contact for all of the private label manufacturers. Through the successful management of these relationships, this person will achieve overall Civica product fulfillment commitments (quality, quantity, cost and timing) to all Civica members outlets consistent in meeting Civica’s objective of doing what is in the best interest of patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Civica Supply Chain team and report to the Chief Manufacturing and Supply Chain Officer. As an individual and through direct reports, expected to play a key part in driving business planning aligned with business strategies.
- Leadership and management of senior and junior level associates.
- Develop, foster, and own positive, productive relationships with all Civica private label manufacturing partners.
- Develop, foster, and own positive, productive relationships with the Civica 3PL (third party logistics) warehouse and distribution partner.
- Lead forecast/demand planning monthly meetings. Prepare high quality professional inputs for forecast/demand and other management cycles.
- Short and long range planning for internal and external manufacturing capacities and optimization. Complete strategic make versus buy analyses.
- Model capacities and required inventory targets and work with manufacturing sites to ensure targets are embedded into local manufacturing plans and budgets.
- Responsible for full business analysis over a five-year horizon of supply chain opportunities and issues, associated with area of product responsibility, providing insights and risk mitigation proposals to executive management to maximize the value created for the business.
- Direct resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgement.
- Apply broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and optimal performance across functions.
- Capital Authorization Request support.
- Present Supply Chain strategies to the Executive Leadership Team and secure approval for such strategies.
- Nurture a culture of open dialogue and transparent debate, serving as a role model for addressing conflict in an open and productive way.
- Resolve difficult conflict situations across functions and provides beneficial conflict resolutions.
- Provide regular communication update to all levels of the business through highly professional communications and briefing reports.
- Monitor execution of the plans and supply/demand performance through the development, tracking, and performance management of KPIs for Supply Chain Operations. Frequently review and report progress and performance to senior management.
- Develop high level value stream process maps and product lead time assessments. Identify improvement opportunities through the use of Operational Excellence tools (IQP) for the supply chain and business processes that impact value creation. Manage select project teams at a multi-functional level to meet business objectives and continuous improvement goals.
- Customer service and supply vs. plan measures at or above target.
- Successful outputs through staff (leading through others).
- Supply plans generated on time for forecast/demand and other management cycles.
- Development and delivery of improvement projects to increase customer satisfaction.
- Minimized write-offs with planning as a root cause.
- Provision of business reports to agreed schedules.
- Timely and successful completion of assessments, strategies, business evaluations and deliverables.
- Accurate data and assumptions that have been reviewed and vetted by all appropriate individuals and groups inside and outside of Civica.
- Ability to build and cultivate cross-functional and cross-site relationships to facilitate efficient data collection and analysis.
- Clear and concise communication of results to Civica team and to appropriate customers.
- Other metrics to be developed with role development.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ Biopharmaceutical experience required.
- Must have experience in Supply Chain/Procurement/Production/Distribution.
- At least 7 years of management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical GMPs and FDA requirements.
- Experience managing external partnerships.
- Strong demonstrated team leadership skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with SAP and/or other ERP (e.g., Deacom) required.
- Lean/Six-Sigma certification and/or demonstrated experience with problem solving and process improvement in a complex pharmaceutical environment preferred.
- Strong demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
Salary DOE, Excellent Benefits
You must be eligible to work in the US to be considered an applicant.