Because patients should have the essential medicines they need when they need them. As a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, nonprofit generic drug company created by hospital systems and philanthropies, Civica’s mission is to reduce and prevent drug shortages while assuring quality generic medicines are accessible and affordable to everyone.
Because the United States experiences chronic shortages of essential generic medicines used daily in hospitals, we are building a state-of-the-art sterile injectable manufacturing facility to combat these shortages. This new facility is part of our broad strategy to stabilize the supply of generic medicines for emergency rooms, surgeries, COVID-19 patient care, and an array of other serious conditions.
WHO CIVICA SERVES
While serving 50 health systems and 1,350 hospitals (or 30% of all licensed U.S. hospital beds), Civica also supplies the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and “340B” hospitals caring for vulnerable patients in some of the country’s most underserved areas. And recently, Civica contributed more than 2-million vials of essential medications to the strategic national stockpile.
With 40 sterile injectable medications under contract to supply our member hospitals, Civica is growing and on track to have 100 drugs under contract by 2023.
As we continue to grow, we have many exciting opportunities for multiple types of roles and with opportunity to progress YOUR career.
To find out more about how Civica’s innovative model is directly impacting patient care, click here to read a recent article from the New England Journal of Medicine.
Intro to Civica
Reporting directly to the Site Director of Engineering, the Facilities Manager, will play a key part in the start-up of our state-of-the-art sterile injectable facility as we move from construction toward commercial operations. The successful candidate will work cross functionally on all aspects of facilities engineering including the design, implementation and maintenance of building mechanical systems and equipment, ensuring critical laboratory equipment and systems are operational and the construction and build-out of a new facility.
What Will This Person Be Doing?
We are seeking an exceptional leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment to oversee our Validation group. As the Validation Manager, you have the ability to make decisions, and are capable of setting and balancing priorities. You must be able to manage multiple projects with frequent changes and are able to coordinate and manage validation activities while involving cross-functional partners. You have a willingness to perform "hands-on" work in a dynamic, fast-paced work setting. Incumbent provides technical expertise on Manufacturing and Compliance standards and processes to team members; and provides input on strategy to key business leaders.
- Manage facility and maintenance operations for the Petersburg facility (including maintenance of HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems).
- Organize, review and schedule urgent, emergency, and preventive equipment maintenance, working collaboratively with other team members to ensure limited impact.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts for facility and equipment critical issues to prevent operational downtime.
- Coordinate and oversee outside vendors/contractors performing both routine and non-routine facility/maintenance activities.
- Develop and maintain equipment preventative maintenance schedules and operating protocols.
- Act as point of contact for facility and equipment maintenance and emergency issues.
- Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring building equipment and systems are operated in compliance with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Implement facility upgrades and equipment installation projects as necessary.
- Respond to questions and assist team members with facility / equipment maintenance issues.
- Manage maintenance related costs, contracts, proposals, purchase orders and change orders on an ongoing basis.
You must be eligible to work in the US to be considered an applicant.