Manufacturing Support Associate
Over the past two decades, shortages of generic, injectable medications critical to the lifesaving work of hospitals in the United States have become commonplace. Approximately 200 medically necessary drugs are on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s shortage list. Manufacturing challenges and predatory pricing are both the cause and result.
Who suffers most? Patients.
Civica is a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization established in 2018 by health systems and philanthropies to reduce chronic generic drug shortages and related high prices in the United States. Led by an experienced team of health care and pharmaceutical industry leaders.
Today, more than 50 health systems have joined Civica. They represent over 1,200 hospitals and over 30 percent of all U.S. hospital beds. Civica has also begun to supply the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile of essential medicines.
Civica is improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs by making strides to ensure patients and their needs come first and that essential generic medications are accessible and affordable. Since established, the #1 Policy for the Civica team has been “Do What Is in the Best Interest of Patients.”
Civica is launching a subsidiary to enter the Outpatient pharmacy market partnering with Blue Cross Blue Shield with the goal of reducing drug prices, especially high-cost generic drugs where market forces are not working to control drug costs.
To find out more about how Civica’s innovative model is directly impacting patient care, click here to read a recent article from the New England Journal of Medicine.
Intro to Civica
Entry Level position with the responsibility to maintain the manufacturing areas in a clean and orderly state, and to provide manufacturing lines with the required components, materials, and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the Manufacturing Lead and/or Supervisor’s direction, support manufacturing operations to meet strategic department objectives.
- Prepare cleaning and sanitizing solutions and perform daily, weekly, monthly cleaning of controlled and classified manufacturing areas.
- Replenish manufacturing components, materials, and supplies in all processing areas.
- Transport bright stock and finished product to and from staging as required according to manufacturing schedule.
- Adhere to Civica procedures and policies, conform to current good manufacturing practices and good documentation practices.
- Adhere to all safety regulations.
- Attend and participate in daily shift meetings to communicate events and issues to the manufacturing team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manufacturing management.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or equivalent. Experience in any manufacturing environment preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended amounts of time, bend and stoop often. Ability to grip and twist with both hands.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.