Procurement & Planning Lead
Over the past two decades, shortages of generic, injectable medications critical to the lifesaving work of hospitals in the United States have become commonplace. Approximately 200 medically necessary drugs are on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s shortage list. Manufacturing challenges and predatory pricing are both the cause and result.
Who suffers most? Patients.
Civica is a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization established in 2018 by health systems and philanthropies to reduce chronic generic drug shortages and related high prices in the United States. Led by an experienced team of health care and pharmaceutical industry leaders.
Today, more than 50 health systems have joined Civica. They represent over 1,200 hospitals and over 30 percent of all U.S. hospital beds. Civica has also begun to supply the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile of essential medicines.
Civica is improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs by making strides to ensure patients and their needs come first and that essential generic medications are accessible and affordable. Since established, the #1 Policy for the Civica team has been “Do What Is in the Best Interest of Patients.”
Civica is launching a subsidiary to enter the Outpatient pharmacy market partnering with Blue Cross Blue Shield with the goal of reducing drug prices, especially high-cost generic drugs where market forces are not working to control drug costs.
To find out more about how Civica’s innovative model is directly impacting patient care, click here to read a recent article from the New England Journal of Medicine.
Intro to Civica
Civica is looking for a highly motivated individual to join us as Procurement & Planning Lead at our manufacturing site (under construction) in Petersburg, VA. The candidate will ensure production readiness from a materials perspective, and will be responsible for material sourcing, price negotiations, planning, and placement of purchase orders for the assigned commodities. This role will support risk mitigation and cost reduction initiatives identified within the procurement and supply chain organizations. This position will also play a major hands-on role in the implementation of MRP within the ERP system as well as the development of policies and procedures for the start-up and operation of our facility. This position interfaces regularly with representatives from Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D,Quality, and Finance
- Actively develop and manage strategic supplier relationships for all materials and services
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to determine current and future supply requirements
- Create and maintain active schedule of raw material sampling, testing, and release events to align stakeholder groups
- Maintain purchasing master data information for raw materials in Civica’s ERP system
- Provide raw material forecasts to suppliers and manage supplier relationships to ensure efficient use of resources and effective material and component supply practices
- Utilize Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to plan and execute purchase orders
- Monitor open Purchase Orders and Stock Status reports and expedites order fulfillment to ensure on time delivery
- Manage all logistical aspects of each Purchase Order in accordance with established INCO Terms.
- Identify, implement, and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as they apply to Supply Chain success, (OTIFs, RFT, etc)
- Support the internal initiative to implement and maintain an effective and accurate physical inventory system, including ERP transaction accuracy, physical inventory events, and cycle counting as appropriate
- Assist/Lead in the development and optimization of the ERP system as it relates to MRP, inventory and procurement activities
- Assist in the development of internal controls and procedures
- Provide support for issues and challenges related to raw material receipt
- Assist in identifying and facilitating the selection of qualified suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree from an accredited university/college in business, engineering, supply chain, or science
- 3-5 years of purchasing/procurement, planning/scheduling or supply chain experience in a manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
- ERP system and MRP experience, required
- Possess and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as proactive problem-solving, analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Possess ability to work within a team-based environment while proactively forging positive relationships across all levels of management and departments
- Attentive to detail, self-motivated, self-disciplined, able to act decisively with purposeful pursuit of goals or objectives, thinks strategically in terms of solutions, and generates vision