Commercial Business Analyst
Over the past two decades, shortages of generic, injectable medications critical to the lifesaving work of hospitals in the United States have become commonplace. Approximately 200 medically necessary drugs are on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s shortage list. Manufacturing challenges and predatory pricing are both the cause and result.
Who suffers most? Patients.
Civica is a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization established in 2018 by health systems and philanthropies to reduce chronic generic drug shortages and related high prices in the United States. Led by an experienced team of health care and pharmaceutical industry leaders.
Today, more than 50 health systems have joined Civica. They represent over 1,200 hospitals and over 30 percent of all U.S. hospital beds. Civica has also begun to supply the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile of essential medicines.
Civica is improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs by making strides to ensure patients and their needs come first and that essential generic medications are accessible and affordable. Since established, the #1 Policy for the Civica team has been “Do What Is in the Best Interest of Patients.”
To find out more about how Civica’s innovative model is directly impacting patient care, click here to read a recent article from the New England Journal of Medicine.
Intro to Civica
Generic medications are often a low-cost alternative to brand-name medications, but in recent years the price of some generics has increased substantially, raising costs for hospitals, health plans and consumers. High out-of-pocket costs in the outpatient pharmacy setting have forced some individuals and families to make painful trade-offs, such as cutting back on groceries or putting their own health at risk by rationing or skipping prescriptions.
CivicaScript is a public benefit company that was started as a partnership between Civica, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, 18 independent and locally operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies, and Anthem to lower the cost of select generic medications. CivicaScript is guided by the principles of providing sustainable, affordable, essential, generic medications in a manner that promotes the social welfare and health of the community. CivicaScript is dedicated to creating savings for consumers (including high-needs populations), by bringing affordable versions of high-cost generic medications to patients in the outpatient pharmacy setting.
This position is responsible for development of analytics, forecasts, and recommendations in support of strategic business decisions related to the CivicaScript portfolio.
Headquarters is located in Lehi, UT but remote work is an option.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes complex business problems using data from internal and external sources to provide insights and recommendations to CivicaScript decision-makers.
- Conduct forecast scenario analysis in support of opportunity evaluation and risk assessment.
- Monitor and report on category and product pricing trends.
- Architect reports and dashboards for collecting and analyzing CivicaScript product demand, forecasts, and sales performance.
- Interface with Civica IT/technical analytics team to ensure CivicaScript data is accurately captured and reported.
- Oversees state licensing and transparency requirements, drug database listing, and government price reporting.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in analytics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, business, or related field. Educational background in finance, accounting, advanced degree (e.g., MBA, etc.) or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in pharmaceutical data analysis or payer/PBM/benefit consultant analytics/pricing.
- Experience with US generics market preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working effectively with limited information.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a matrixed environment.
- Extreme attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, QlikView, etc. preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform required.